PECS also specialises in the screening for disorders using the PsychProfiler (Langsford, Houghton, & Douglas, 2014).
The PsychProfiler® v5 is a comprehensive global screening tool for the simultaneous investigation of the 20 most prevalent psychiatric, psychological, and educational disorders found in children, adolescents, and adults.
Oriented to the DSM-5 , the PsychProfiler provides an accessible and affordable screener that can be used in the early identification of disorders crucial to formal diagnosis, intervention and prevention of further mental health or educational problems.
The PsychProfiler has been developed over the past 15 years, including validation against a large mainstream and clinical sample, and has been updated to incorporate the recent advances in the DSM-5 (APA, 2013).
The PsychProfiler ® consists of two separate, yet conceptually similar, instruments; namely the:
- Child and Adolescent PsychProfiler® (CAPP)
- Adult PsychProfiler® (APP)
The PsychProfiler has been the most widely used Australian psychiatric /psychological / educational global screening instrument since 2004.
Ways the PsychProfiler ®
can Improve Assessment and Intervention:
- Increased Early Identification and Intervention
- Improved Efficiency of Clinical Interviewing
- Assistance with Differential Diagnosis Implications
- Assistance with Comorbidity Implications
- Provision of Important Self-Report Information
- Provision of Objective and Reliable Data
- Improved Communication in Relation to Sensitive Issues
- Improved Identification of Disorders in Mainstream Individuals
- Formulation of Behaviour Management Programmes
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Intervention
- Improved Accessibility to Assessment Services
- Improved Referral Practises
If you would like more detailed information on the PsychProfiler ®, or would like to complete the actual PsychProfiler test yourself, or complete on behalf of someone else (i.e., your child, your spouse), please visit www.psychprofiler.com .